.
.
.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Password and Email Security

Some of you may not realize it but a lot of the sites in which we have to sign up at to access are run by individuals. Say you go to a forum, put in your username, email and password and register. The webmaster of that site will have access to what you input, and that includes your password. And if you use that same password, username and/or email at other sites, that is a huge security risk.

I have decided to use different email and passwords for different types of sites. I have one email for article directories, one email for forums, and so on. And the passwords will be different too, but formatted in such a way so that I can remember them without having to write them down.

In this way, I hope to reduce the security risk and cut down on the amount of spam that I will inevitably receive.

0 comments: