.
.
.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

SEO Discovery - No Rank II (Part 2 of 3)

I got a bit side-tracked in my previous post about the internal pages of my home business site having no page rank. It was really interesting to see that a page that was not even ranked could do well in the search results. I will start taking a closer look at the page rank of the pages and sites that are at the top of the results, but that will be the subject of another post.

In the next 2 or 3 days, I will change the title and description to match the subject matter of the page. And I will check every day to see when Google updates the information and to see if the page rank of any of the internal pages change.

Incidentally, I wonder if you have noticed how I have been linking. In the past, if I had wanted to link to my home business site, I would have asked people to visit my site on home businesses at http://quittingyourjob.com/.

The focus is on the domain name of the site. I wanted to highlight the name so that they can remember and revisit it.

But I have changed my linking strategy so that I link to my site in a different way. I use keywords relating to the subject matter of the site to link to it. Instead of highlighting the domain name, I will ask you to visit my site about running a home business.

In the previous linking method, Google gets nothing but the domain name, which it knows anyway. In the second method, I am telling Google that the site I am linking to is about running a home business.

Stay tuned to see how long it takes for Google to update its info on my site after I have changed the title and description.

0 comments: