.
.
.

Friday, March 27, 2009

SEO Discovery - No Rank I

This blog has been online for a few months now. It started as "Five Big Ones", and still is named as such, after my ambition to make an income of $5000 per month by Jan 2009. As they say, life happened, and I fell far from the target. I will write about that one day.

Anyway, the point that I'm trying to make is that is blog has been around for at least half a year. I decided to check its PR rating using the Page Rank Tool in the previous post. I expected a page rank of 0 or 1 as this blog is not really promoted.

To my surprise, this blog is not ranked. There appear to be 4 possible reasons:

1. This blog is new and not indexed yet.
2. This blog has been indexed but not ranked yet.
3. This blog has been indexed but is recognized as supplemental.
4. This blog has been banned by Google.

I did a search for links to this blog using "link:fivebigones.blogspot.com" and google returned no results, although I know that there are at least a few links out there. Maybe those links does not count towards the page ranking of this blog. Anyway, I'll explore that another time.

What I want to establish is whether any page of this blog will show up in any search results at all, and whether this blog is in Google's index.

So, I looked up a former post about hyped up information on the Internet, and zeroed in on the phrase "misleading and hyped up information". I did a search on Google and came up with 89,200 matching sites. I went through the first few pages of results and my post did not come up.

I typed in the same phrase again, this time enclosing it in double quotes. There were 2 results, with my post taking the top spot.

Although not the subject of this post, I thought that it would be interesting to mention that "search bar" on the Google site says the following:

Results 1 - 2 of 2 for "misleading and hyped up information". (0.18 seconds)

Notice that "hyped up" is underlined together. Might have some implications when targetting keywords but that's another story for another day.

For now, the only definite conclusions are:

1. This blog is not banned by Google.
2. This blog is indexed and does show up in the search result, although it is very poorly ranked.

0 comments: